It’s not a secret that 6.5 speakers are the most important component in your speaker toolkit.
Actually, having a good 6.5 speakers with a rattling subwoofer could save you a lot of money and will joy you with amazing sound in your car.
The bottom line is if you have cool 6.5 component speakers in your car you have done the first step in building your car sound system completely right.
Within this guide, we are going to include the best 9 component speakers you can buy in 2017 with a variety of prices and qualities so you pick the best for you and your car.
So hop on:
So, Why should I buy a component speaker or Component vs. Coaxial speakers?
Look the main difference between both is that a component speaker has separate woofers and tweeters and external crossovers. What that has to do with the speaker is it is going to allow every component to play in its full potential with low or no distortion at all. The crossover makes sure that this happens so effectively with the way it handles the power going to the tweeters and the woofers.
The fact that the woofers and the tweeters are separated is just delightful to have because it will really enhance the way you listen to music in your car.
So, more power, separated woofers and tweeters, and external crossovers. That’s it
1- Polk Audio DB6501
Polk DB6501 features:
We started with the design feature because we completely fell in love with how the Polk Audio DB6501 looks. It’s stainless steel mounting hardware and Muscular ABS Grilles are making this baby looks magnificent.
The Polk Audio DB6501 features Polymer/mica composite for the production of the woofer, rubber surrounds, and Pole Plate Heat Sinks that helps with power handling and producing a reliable sound which is pretty typical with all the speakers we reviewed today so, it is going to last and it is pretty durable.
Installation and mounting:
The vented crossovers give you the opportunity to hide the wires which are something a lot of people are going to love.
The DB series provided the option for you to adjust the tweeters mounting so you could enhance the listening experience.
Finally, the price: the value you will get with buying the Polk Audio DB6501 is amazing for the price. If you want to go between $100 and $150 this is the best for you.
- component speaker system includes two 6-1/2″ woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- Dynamic Balance polymer/mica composite woofer with butyl rubber surround
- Kapton voice coil former
- 1″ liquid-cooled silk/polymer composite dome tweeter
- flush- and surface-mount swivel cups
- Neodymium tweeter magnet
- electronic tweeter protection circuit
- 2-way external crossover network (12 dB/octave, 4,000 Hz high- and low-pass)
- marine-certified for use in boats, convertibles, motorcycles, and ATVs
- ABS wheel-design grilles
- stainless steel mounting hardware
- power range: 10-100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 35-23,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- includes adapter rings for 6-3/4″ openings
- top-mount depth: 1-11/16″
- warranty: 1 year
2- BOSS Audio CH6CK
With the CH6CK you will find a lot of features that you will pay less than $50 to get:
We are still impressed by the effort Boss done building such a solid speaker that they sell in this price range. You will get a Polymer cone which is known for its flexibility and great sound that last A LOT of time.
And with foam surround and aluminum voice coil if you are searching for a durable speaker under the $50 price range, search no more
With a mylar tweeter, you will have more durability and more variety in the sound modification. You are going to love these tweeters.
Sound and bass:
You see, there are two things you need to understand while dealing with the BOSS Audio CH6CK, first thing is that you are buying a speaker for under $50 so don’t expect it to rattle your windows but it will make you happy. You know that situation when you pay so little for something that you expect you will get no or little value out of it and then you get the delightful surprise that it has more value than the money you paid for it. That’s the deal with the BOSS Audio CH6CK.
We would love to include this video for you so you can check more if the CH6CK is for you:
So as you saw with 350W of maximum power and 175 RMS you will get amazing sound as you heard. Just make sure that it will fit and you are good to go.
Check also our review of the best SPL subs in the market
3- Rockford Fosgate P165-S
Rockford P165-S features:
The Polypropylene cone and its light weight adds clarity and thickness to the sound you get from the speaker but also is an amazing material that is known to be used for premium speakers in the market these days
The butyl rubber surround makes you able to play the speaker as much as you want without having a fear about the speaker.
Installation and Mounting:
Here Rockford made an amazing effort and innovations to make this the best in the class. With new ways to the surround and the cone, you will get 25% more for the cone area which means more solid deep bass and crystal clear sound.
Making the crossover part of the speaker frame relieved most of the customers from searching for a place to hide the crossovers.
Also with Flexfit basket technology, you will never need to redrill new screw holes.
We really liked who Rockford made so much effort to make this speaker one of the best component speakers and they got credit for that.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 woofer grilles
- 6-1/2″ mineral-filled polypropylene woofer
- butyl rubber surround
- 1″ polyetherimide (PEI) dome tweeter
- crossovers built into woofer baskets
- Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST™) increases cone area
- power range: 6-60 watts RMS (120 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 60-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90.2 dB
- top-mount depth: 1-15/16″
- warranty: 1 year
Check also our list of the best 25 car audio brands in 2017
4- Infinity Reference 6030cs
I.R 6030cs Features:
As always durability is essential in any speaker whether it is coaxial or component and here with the infinity speaker we found it pretty durable with Rubber surround that adds stronger low-end and overall supports the durability of the speaker
We found two main features that we really liked about the Infinity Reference 6030cs, the first is the fully-edge-driven design that supports more power handling and less distortion.
The second feature is the support the tweeter gets from the crossover that makes the tweeter more adjustable.
Installation for the 6030cs is a piece of cake. With the versatile mounting technology, you will mount this baby in seconds.
Sound and bass:
The bottom line is that we didn’t find any speaker from Infinity that sounds bad. And so is the 6030cs which depend on Plus One Cone patented Technology which supports more bass and sound clearance.
A final note is that when you purchase the Reference 6030cs you shouldn’t compare it to a better Infinity speaker that you used to buy. In the price range, it is good but it is not that product you buy and feel that you got premium speaker without paying a premium price.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6-3/4″ Plus One+ Injection-Molded Polypropylene (IMPP) woofer with hi-roll rubber surround
- adapter rings included for 6-1/2″ openings
- 1″ edge-driven textile dome tweeter
- Starfish™ mounting brackets for easier tweeter installation in factory locations
- 2-way external crossover network (18 dB/octave, 3,500 Hz high- and low-pass)
- 2-ohm impedance for extra power (compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos)
- tweeter adjustment circuits (0, +3 dB)
- power range: 2-90 watts RMS (270 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 53-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-1/16″
- warranty: 1 year